This recipe is super easy and very flavorful! Perfect for winter.
Ginger Snaps: makes 3 doz.
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup molasses
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/3 cup granular sugar (for decoration)
1. Preheat oven to 375 Deg. F
2. In a large bowl, mix brown sugar, oil, molasses, and egg.
3. In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cloves, cinnamon, and ginger. Stir this into the molasses mixture.
4. Roll the dough into 1 1/4 inch balls. Roll the ball into the granular sugar and place them on 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet. (They will expand!)
5. Bake for 10-12 mins or until the center is firm. (I like them extra snappy so I let them cook a little longer)
These are the dough balls before I baked them!