1 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup Nutella (or more if you like it chocolately)
1/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts
1. Cream softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Beat in egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
3. Combine flour and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
4. On a lightly floured surgace, roll cookie mix into a rectangle.
5. Spread Nutella up to 1/2 in of the edges. Sprinkle with hazelnuts.
6. Roll up the dough, starting with the long side.
7. Wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm. (This is really important!!! If you don’t let it harden your cookies will look ugly like mine die!)
8. Unwrap and cut into 1/4 in slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375 deg. F for 8-10 mins or until edges are lightly browned.
I dipped my cookies in chocolate and then sprinkled them with hazelnuts to hide the ugly parts of my cookies. (I didn’t let the cookie mix harden so the Nutella smeared)